Paint the Aspens 2010
This event was held for 23 days, starting Saturday, October 2, 2010 and was held at High Country Art Gallery. The start time was Winter gallery hours.
We hope you’ll join us for this wonderful opportunity to paint plein air in the lush fall color of the White Mountains of east central Arizona. The Northeastern Arizona Fine Arts Association (NEAFAA), will be hosting this event in conjunction with the Arizona Plein Air Painters through our gallery in Pinetop, AZ, the High Country Art Gallery. This will make the fifth year of Paint the Aspens, begun originally by Joyous Lake Gallery in 2005.
The White Mountains are beautiful to paint in any season, but it is when the aspens turn that they are at their most beautiful!
• $1,000 in CASH PRIZES will be given out.
• $35 entry fee, must be a member of APAP - http://arizonapleinairpainters.com
• To join the fun, but not be eligible for jurying, fee is $20, can hang one piece.
• Juror: Gabor Svagrik (www.svagrikfineart.com); will also give a workshop
• Painting dates: Saturday, Oct. 2 through Friday noon, October 8
• Commission: 60% to artists, 30% to NEAFAA, 10% to APAP
• Scheduled paint-out locations, but you are free to paint throughout the White Mountains on your own schedule as well
• Free Artist Orientation Breakfast Saturday, October 2, at Darbi’s Restaurant
• Free Critique Session Tuesday evening, led by Cody DeLong, other master artists
• Reception: Saturday, October 9
• Show dates: October 9 through October 24.
• Lots of local advertising and PR for the event
• Co-op advertising opportunities available
• Paintings returned to central locations in Phoenix, Sedona, and Tucson
Show Image: Got a dynamite plein air piece, preferably showcasing aspens? Email an image to email@example.com for consideration as the show image for this event! File should be no more than 500 pixels across; if your image is chosen, we will request a larger file.
Deadline for application: September 15, 2010, but we only have 33 artist spaces available, first come, first served. Send application and fees to Gwen Meyer, 1157 Beavertail Lane, Pinetop, AZ 85935. Check should be made out to NEAFAA, with Paint the Aspens in the memo line. There is space for 33 participating artists on a first-come, first served basis, allowing approx. 3ft. for each artist.
Eligibility: Must be an APAP member to be eligible to hang three works and for jurying. To become a member of APAP, fill out the application at http://arizonapleinairpainters.com. If you wish to show, join in the fun, but not be eligible for jurying, and you are not a member of APAP, you may wish join the Northeastern Arizona Fine Arts ssociation, and you’ll be able to exhibit one painting at the lower fee of $20. http://www.highcountryartgallery.com NEAFAA Contact Information: Gwen Meyer Pentecost, Chair, Paint the Aspens 2010, cell 928-242-9211. http://joyouslakegallery.com Email is firstname.lastname@example.org. APAP Contact Information: Cody DeLong, email@example.com .
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about this event can be found at http://joyouslakegallery.com/events.htm